Camp Gaulke

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hunter's Post: They just don't make 'em like they used to...


They just don't make 'em like they used to.... Either I'm getting old, old-fashioned or both. Probably both.

What am I talking about? Blue Jeans.

Yeah, I know. Whats the fuss, anyway? Over the past few years, I've noticed a trend developing in men's blue jeans: they are starting to look and fit like girl jeans.
I remember a few years ago trying to find some. I took a nice looking pair to the dressing room, attempted to slip them on and WAM! dead stop. Whats the matter with these jeans?, I wondered. I thought the crotch (aka inseam) had shrunk. They wouldn't go up any further! I knew... these definitely don't fit right. I felt claustrophobic... ya know... down there. And believe me (to all you eye-rollers) I'm not making any boasts about my inseam.

Well, a few years later, same situation. I attempted to find some new jeans last night with Ashleigh and I kid you not... every pair I tried on left me feeling claustrophobic and uncomfy. Whats the matter with people these days? Doesn't anyone like putting stuff in their pockets anymore? Am I alone in my desire to not hurt while sitting?

Needless to say, we left the store without a new pair of jeans. I'm not casting judgement on other guys who wish to be inseam-claustrophobic, but as for me and my inseam - I demand pants that fit. I will find the last surviving pair from the 'golden years' of jeans and pay whatever price is necessary to feel comfortable in my pants.

-Hunter

1 comment:

Danielle said...

haha thanks Hunter this was hillarious. you know you should just get a size too big and wear a belt! ;) maybe you could fit your phone in your pocket.

BUT if you can't, and you do get into the dumb boy-skinny jeans, you'll need a man-bag.